Targeted Support & Improvement Additional Targeted Support | TSI-AT | English y Español
TSI identifies schools with one or more subgroups that have consistently failed to meet expected growth. As one of many TSI schools in Davie County and North Carolina, Davie County High must make stakeholders aware of our status and update our community on the steps we are taking to help our struggling learners. The below letter will provide more information. Hard copies of the letters are available in the office upon request.
KINDERGARTEN - N. C. STATE LAW REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM DOSES
- 5 DTP or DtaP. (The last dose must be given on/or after age 4.)
- 4 POLIO OPV or IPV VACCINE DOSES. (The 4th dose must be given on/or after age 4.)
- 4 HIB DOSES. (Not required for children beyond age 5.)
- 3 HEP B DOSES. (Children born on or after July 1, 1994, are required to have 3 doses.
- At least one month between 1st and 2nd doses, at least four months between 2nd and 3rd doses.
- Third dose on or after 6 months of age.
- 2 MMR MEASLES, MUMPS, RUBELLA (First dose on/after 12 months of age; 2nd dose before entering school.)
- 2 VARICELLA (CHICKENPOX) DOSES. (Vaccination is required unless a health care provider provides documentation of disease history.)
Students entering 7th grade are required by North Carolina Law to have received one dose of Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis) and one dose of the Meningococcal Conjugate vaccine. This is required for all students regardless of the school setting, in-person and remote/virtual.
Beginning with the 2020-21 school year, students entering 12th grade or that will be 17 years old by the beginning of the school year are required to have a booster (second) dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine if they have not already received one.
A North Carolina law requires all students new to North Carolina Schools, or entering Kindergarten for the first time to have a PHYSICAL EXAM. The physical must occur within the last twelve months and be signed by a physician.